PPE Challenge Q & A
- ABSOLUTELY! This “Miles for PPE” challenge is suitable for all ages (with consent of parents if under 16) and in line with the government’s isolation guidelines. The one thing everyone will have in common is a great sense of adventure with a desire to help a charity. Whether you are taking part as an individual or as a family, team spirit will be flying high on the challenge.
- You can either walk, cycle, or run. You can stick to one activity or, if you’re a true athlete, you can mix it up.
- You can do this solo or as a family. Please ensure you follow the government’s advice (if you’re doing this as a family you must be from the same household)
This challenge is achievable by anyone as long as you’re in good health. Remember, this is around a two-week period so do a little every day and you will enjoy this challenge
- This challenge is to hit the target miles ideally this will be around a two-week period. You can do as little as you like or push yourself and put in some miles daily. Please make sure you take this at a pace that suits your fitness levels.
- There are 1262 hospitals in the UK. We have used this as our inspiration to set a combined target of 1262 miles. How many miles can you contribute towards our goal?
No, there is no joining or registration fee, our aim is to raise as much money as we all can, so all we ask is that you raise the money through sponsorship so that we can buy as much personal protection equipment (PPE). We would encourage you to share your everyday hero page on all social platforms that you are signed up with to get maximum exposure.
No – Just clothes you feel comfortable whilst doing your activity.
No, please only do what is comfortable for you and any family members that you are with you. Please stay safe and follow the advice provided by the government. We will send out regular updates to show how close we are to the set group target.
Whenever you are ready to submit your miles you can do this in the following ways:
- Email your miles. Please use your full name, post code and the distance completed ( eg Davinder Singh, L1 2NU, 4 miles) – [email protected]
- Text (SMS) your results to 07999 00 4363
- Use this link to on your internet browser to record your result.
You can do this daily or in one go at the end.
We have not set any minimum fundraise per person.
Once you have registered using the following link Everyday hero
You will then receive an invitation link email for setting up your fundraising page.
As this advice may vary week on week – Please check the follow website for up to date advice The Gov Link – https://www.gov.uk/
We have received a number of calls from distressed, worried and at risk, key COVID-19 workers who continue to serve during this difficult time, but are not being provided the vital Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) equipment that they need to protect themselves and their families , e.g., some medical professionals, chaplains, charities distributing food etc.
These individuals are making a difference and are working tirelessly to help others and save lives. We have therefore set-up this “MILES FOR PPE” Challenge fundraiser, with 100% of funds to be used to get PPE to individual’s in the community who desperately needs it.
You can register online at https://www.sikhhelpline.com/registration-ppe there will be a little disclaimer – Once your registration is submitted you will be provided with further instructions and next steps.
|Sign Up||Fundraiser||Log your Mileage||Press Release||FAQ|