On Sunday the 23rd October the Sikh Helpline held a one day training event for all Sikh Helpline volunteers. The training included topics from Call Handling to Domestic Violence, Forced Marriages, Honour killings and Third Party reporting.
Overall the day was brilliant and full of positive energy; one of the attendees Tanveer Kaur Bajaj said: Thank you the event was very useful very warm and friendly, all persons were passionate about the work you do. The experience was very valuable, thank you for inviting me along I look forward to being a part of your mission?. The feedback received from many of the volunteers that attended the training was that the day was brilliant, informative, interesting, valuable and most importantly knowledgeable.
Some of the feedback received:
- Had a very informative day enjoyed it very much thank you…p.s didn?t think I would learn as much as I have done …thank you again
- The training for Sikh Helpline volunteer was very helpful and informative; all the talks were interesting and knowledgeable. I have gained a lot of knowledge of the helpline and look forward to helping and getting involved…Thank you
- Thank you the event was very useful very warm and friendly, all persons were passionate about the work you do. The experience was very valuable, thank you for inviting me along I look forward to being a part of your mission Tanveer Kaur
- Today was very informative, I have learnt a lot today and very grateful to all that came to participate. I think a bit more role plays and scenario?s on phone calls would have been useful. We could have put up scenarios and looked at ways to signpost the individual. ….other than that all was perfect.
- Really enjoyed the day very informative. I now have a much better understanding of the work Sikh Helpline do. Looking forward to becoming all active volunteer
- Very informative not at all boring, Enjoyed thoroughly feels great to know that I can be working for a fab organisation to make a difference in a society that?s needs it.
- Overall the sessions were really informative some really good insights and interesting stats, having the WMP sections were great as their ?real life? stories also shows the impact volunteers can have